Prep time: 18 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8-10 dosas
- Rice: 1 Cup
- Coconut (powdered/grated/chopped): 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Water: As required
- Wash rice 2-3 times. Soak the mix in water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain the water, add coconut to the mix and grind the mixture to a smooth paste. Not too thick, not too thin paste. Add little water while grinding if required.
- Transfer the batter to a bowl, cover it and let it ferment for another 12 hours. The batter will increase in volume.
- Add salt. Mix well.
- Add more water to make a very thin flowing consistency batter. Thinner than usual dosa batter.
- Heat a non-sticky pan in very high heat, pour 1 ladle full of batter. Hold the pan up and move the pan immediately to spread the batter all around the pan to thinnest circle possible. Put down the pan and drizzle little oil over it. Cover the pan for 2 minutes. Remove the cover and fold the dosa in half and 2 halves. No need to flip.
- Serve hot.