Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Tomato: 2 medium sized, washed and chopped
- Onion: ½ of a medium sized, chopped
- Peanuts: 6-7
- Split urad dal: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger: ¼ teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Garlic: ¼ teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Green chili: 1, chopped
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Dried red chili: 4-5
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds: ¼ Teaspoon
- Tamarind Paste: ½ tablespoon
- Sugar or Jaggery (Gur): ½ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Water: ¼ Cup or as required
- Dry roast the peanuts and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, and when it starts to splutter, add curry leaves, dried red chili. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add peanuts, urad dal, onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till onions are light brown.
- Add tomatoes and green chili. Sauté till tomatoes are well cooked.
- Turn off the heat, let the mixture cool down.
- Add this mixture, tamarind paste, sugar, salt and water to grinder and grind to a smooth batter.
- Adjust water to get the required consistency.