Please click on the menus mentioned below to read the detailed recipes.
Chinese Fried Rice
Chili Tomato Chutney
I want to thank https://foodfondweb.wordpress.com for the nomination of “The Unique Blogger Award”. This blog is a huge collection of mind blowing veg recipes.
We all need some motivation and encouragement for the effort we daily put on our blogs/websites. I am not sure how this blog awards work. I have seen plenty of award nominations and so far I got nominated for 5 awards. I only hear about nominations, but never heard of the award winner and the winning prize! However, this nominations make me feel good and keep me motivated to continue my passion. So Kudos to me!! 🙂 😀 ❤
My blog has been nominated for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”. I want to thank Swati Awana for the nomination. Checkout her awesome blog: https://pinklogs.wordpress.com
Soaking time: 10-12 hours
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Kidney beans (Rajma): 1 Cup
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram): 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Dried Red Chili: 3
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion: 1, chopped
- Tomato: 3, chopped
- Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Garlic: 1/2 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Green Chili: 1, chopped
- Garam masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoons
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves): 2 Tablespoon, chopped
- Wash the Rajma and chana dal 2-3 times and soak in water for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- Boil the Rajma with 3 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add dried red chili, onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till onions are light brown.
- Add tomato and green chili. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Grind the Masala Gravy to smooth puree. (Optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add cumin seeds, after 30 seconds add the boiled Rajma with water, the grinded onion-tomato gravy, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder. Mix well. Let it boil.
- Medium the heat and cook it for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Jeera Rice.