Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Milk: 3 cups
- Sugar: ¼ cup or as required
- Makhana: 1 cup
- Cardamom (Elaichi Powder): 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry fruits (cashew, almonds, pistachios, raisins): 2 Tablespoon
- Saffron: a few strands
- Ghee: ½ tablespoon
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat ghee.
- Roast the cashew and almonds. Take them out and keep aside.
- Add makhana in the remaining ghee. Roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk in the pan over the makhana and let It boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it on heat for 9-10 minutes.
- Add sugar and roasted makhana. Mix well. Simmer for another 6-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn of the heat and garnish with cardamom powder, saffron strands, pistachios, raisins and roasted cashew and almond nuts.
- Serve hot, or let it cool completely. Then refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cool.
- Checkout the below slideshow for the recipe pictures.