Soaking time: 10-12 hours
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Kidney beans (Rajma): 1 Cup
- Chana Dal (split Bengal gram): 1 tablespoon
- Water: As required
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Dried Red Chili: 3
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion: 1, chopped
- Tomato: 3, chopped
- Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Garlic: 1/2 teaspoon, chopped or crushed
- Green Chili: 1, chopped
- Garam masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoons
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves): 2 Tablespoon, chopped
- Wash the Rajma and chana dal 2-3 times and soak in water for minimum 6 hours or overnight.
- Boil the Rajma with 3 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder in a pressure cooker for 4 whistles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add dried red chili, onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till onions are light brown.
- Add tomato and green chili. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Grind the Masala Gravy to smooth puree. (Optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add cumin seeds, after 30 seconds add the boiled Rajma with water, the grinded onion-tomato gravy, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder. Mix well. Let it boil.
- Medium the heat and cook it for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Jeera Rice.