Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
For the paneer fries:
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese): 300 grams (2/3 lbs)
- Corn Flour (Corn starch): ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking oil: as required for frying
For the sauce:
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper: 1/2, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon. finely chopped
- Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce: ½ tablespoon
- Vinegar: ¼ tablespoon
- Chili sauce: ¼ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Fresh cilantro (coriander leaves): 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion: ½ tablespoon, finely chopped
- Cut the paneer bar into 1*1/2*1/4-inch rectangular pieces or square cubes.
- Mix corn flour, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl. Add water and make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Now dip each paneer piece into the corn flour batter and gently coat all around.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin. Keep aside.
- Heat another frying pan.
- Saute onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, salt, black pepper powder and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried paneer pieces.
- Gently fold the sauce all over the paneer pieces.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and spring onions.