Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 Parathas
- Vrat ka atta / Kuttu ka aata / Singhare ka aata (water chestnut flour): 1 ½ cup
- Potato: 3 medium sized, boiled and mashed
- Green chili: 1 small, finely chopped
- Sendha namak / Rock Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Oil / ghee: 1 Teaspoon and as required to roast
- Water: As required
- Mix flour, salt and green chili in a bowl. Add mashed potato and knead a soft dough.
- If required then only use water. Otherwise boiled and mashed potato should be enough to knead the dough. Using 1 teaspoon oil and knead the dough again.
- Immediately divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 4-5-inch diameter circle using a rolling pin. Sprinkle little dry kuttu flour while rolling. Or, take the dough ball in hand and press between both palms to make a 4-5-inch diameter circle.
- Heat tawa and place the rolled circle.
- Flip it after 30 seconds.
- Spread little oil / ghee.
- Flip again after 30 seconds and spread little oil/ghee.
- Roast both sides until evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black). Roast in medium flame. Otherwise it would not be crispy.
- Serve hot with Tomato chutney or Butter Potatoes butter potatoes.