Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 mins
Serves: 12 muffins
- All Purpose flour or Plain Flour (Maida): 1 ½ cup + 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Blueberry: 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar: ½ cup
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- White Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Milk: 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 375-degree F or 190-degree C
- Wash the blueberries and pat them dry using a cotton cloth or napkin.
- In a bowl add the blueberry and sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour. Gently coat the flour on each blueberry all around nicely. If we do not do so, blueberries would come down to the bottom while baking.
- Sieve, all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in to a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- Whisk milk and vinegar. Add Oil and mix again.
- Now add the dry mix slowly in to the milk-oil liquid. Mix gently. You do not have to blend or beat the batter. Mixing gently would be enough. Just check that there are no lumps or air pocket.
- Add the coated blueberries and vanilla essence. Fold gently and evenly.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liner and fill 3/4 of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out all the muffins and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
- You may decorate it with whipped cream.
- You may use soy milk or rice milk for a vegan blueberry muffin recipe.