Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese): 300 grams (2/3 lbs.)
- Besan (Gram Flour): 1/4 cup
- Corn Flour (Corn starch): 1/4 cup
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger-chili: Crushed or paste, 1 teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds (saunf): ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking oil: as required for frying
- Cut the paneer bar into 1*1/2*1/4-inch rectangular pieces or square cubes.
- Mix corn flour, salt, ginger-chili paste, fennel seeds and black pepper powder in a bowl. Add water and make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Now dip each paneer piece into the corn flour batter and gently coat all around.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.