Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Sweet Potato: 1, large
- Oil / Butter: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder or crushed: ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut milk: 2 tablespoons
- Water: as required
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Mint leaves: 3-4, chopped
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 4-6 pieces.
- Boil in water until soft.
- Drain the excess water and mash the sweet potato.
- Blend it in a blender using little water.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan.
- Saute the ginger pieces for 1 minute.
- Add the blended mashed potato, salt, black pepper and 2 cups of water.
- Let it boil for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add The coconut milk and stir.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat
- Add lemon juice and chopped mint leaves and serve.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use heavy milk cream as well.
- You may use rock salt / sendha namak, if you are preparing the recipe during Indian upvas days.