Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 Tacos
For the dough:
- Corn Flour (Makai ka aata): ¾ cup
- Plain flour: 1/4 cup
- Salt: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: As required
For the Tortillas:
- Oil to deep fry or Roast
For the Corn Tortillas:
- Using the dough ingredients, knead a very soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Put the ball in between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper and roll it into 4-6-inch diameter circle using a rolling pin.
- Heat Tawa and place the rolled tortilla on the tawa
- Flip the tortilla after 30 seconds
- Cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Keep them on a kitchen towel or napkin and let them cool completely in room temperature. Do not fold them.
- You may make the tortilla (roti) using the tortilla maker (roti maker).
- Soft Taco shells are ready.
For the Hard Taco Shells:
Heat oil in pan for deep frying. Put 1 tortilla in the oil and cook it for 20-30 seconds in medium flame. Flip it and using a tong fold this tortilla to half. Hold the folded tortilla using tong and fry the other side until golden brown and crispy. Triangular taco shell is ready.
Or, Preheat the Oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C. Brush both sides of all 6 tortillas with butter or oil. Then place each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack dropping downside. Bake for 10 minutes.
You may place the tortillas on the back of muffin tray, between 4 muffin molds and brush it with oil. Bake for 15 minutes in 350 F.
You may deep fry the round tortilla, take out. Immediately place a thick rolling pin in between the fried tortilla, fold it and press for 30 seconds or place a heavy pan on top of the folded tortilla.
Enjoy the Taco shells with your choice of fillings: