Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-7 minutes
- Tomato: 4 medium sized, washed and chopped into small pieces (2 Cups)
- Oil: 2 Teaspoon
- Bengali Panchforon (mix of Fenugreek seeds, Fennel seeds, Mustard seeds, Kalonji, Cumin seeds): 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar or Jaggery (Gur): ½ cup
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ Teaspoon (optional)
- Water: ½ Cup (Optional)
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Bengali Panchforon, and when it changes color, add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Stir and cover it till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add sugar or jaggery, cook again till sugar or jaggery melts.
- Serve hot
- Or, let it cool and preserve it in an air-tight container. It stays good for 5-6 days.