Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch): 2 medium
- Besan (Gram flour): ½ Cup
- Rice Flour: ¼ cup
- Water: ½ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Ajwain (carrom seeds): ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil: as required for frying
- Trim and cut the bell pepper into 1-inch square pieces and discard the seeds.
- Mix besan, rice flour, salt, ajwain, red chili powder in a bowl. Add water and make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Now dip each bell pepper piece into the besan batter and gently coat all around.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.