Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Rajgira ka dana or Ramdana: 1 cup
- Potato: 1 medium sized, peeled, washed and cut into small pieces
- Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed or paste
- Green chili: 1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped or crushed or paste
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Upvas Salt or rock salt (sendha namak): 1 Teaspoon
- Peanut: 1/4 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- lemon Juice: A few drops
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 Tablespoon
- Water: 3 Cups
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add curry leaves, ginger and chili. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add potato and peanut. Sauté for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Add Rajgira dana, salt, black pepper. Mix well. Sauté for another 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Add water. Mix and cover the pan with a lid for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- Rajgira soaks more water very soon. So, if you leave the cooked upma for some time, it would become dry. Serve immediately or add more water.