Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Sweet potato (shakarkandi): 1, large
- Potato: 2 medium sized
- Rock salt / salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Green chili: ½ Teaspoon, crushed or paste
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Lemon Juice: a few drops
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Cut the sweet potato into 4-5 pieces and each potato into 2 pieces. Place them in a pressure cooker with 5-6 cups of water. Cook till 3 whistles. Let the steam escape from the pressure cooker and open the lid, after 5-6 minutes. Take out both the potatoes.
- Let it cool for 5-6 minutes, then peel and mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, lemon juice. Toss everything well.
- Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball and flatten them using hand.
- Heat a non-sticky tawa or pan.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon oil all over the tawa. Let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Place the flat cutlets on the tawa as many as you can place on the tawa. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil on top of all the cutlets. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip all the cutlets, spread little oil on all the cutlets and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook flipping both sides until brown and crispy.
- Take them on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.