Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 12 Puris
- Whole wheat flour (aata): 1 cup
- Plain flour (Maida): 1/2 Cup
- Water: As required
- Ripe Mango Pulp: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: ¼ 1 Tablespoon or to taste
- Carrom seeds (Ajwain): ½ Teaspoon (optional)
- Oil: 1 teaspoon and as required to fry the puris
- Mix sugar and ajwain with the flour. Toss well.
- Using mango pulp knead a hard dough. Use water if required. (If the dough is soft, it would absorb more oil while frying).
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the dough and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball.
- Take a ball, grease with little oil and roll into 3-4-inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- In medium heat, add the puri in the oil, press the puri very gently using a slotted spatula and flip it once it puffs up or after 30 seconds. Fry both sides until light golden brown. Oil should be enough to cover the puffed puri.
- Fry all the puris one by one or 2-3 at a time. Drain the excess oil and take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.
- Checkout all the recipes using Mango as main ingredient in this link: https://snehdeepskitchen.com/category/recipes-by-ingredients/mango/