Prep Time: 1 day
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Raw green mango: 2 large
- Salt: 1 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder(haldi): 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
- Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds): 1/4 teaspoon
- Kalonji (black seeds / kala jeera): 1/4 Teaspoon
- Saunf (Fennel seeds): 1/4 Teaspoon
- Saunf powder: 1/2 cup
- Red chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Wash the mangoes and pat dry them.
- Peel the mangoes. Peel in twice, so there are no green layers left on the outer layer.
- Cut into 2 halves and take out the seed.
- Cut into small pieces.
- In a glass bowl, add the mango pieces, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, red chili powder, saunf powder, mustard seeds, kalonji, saunf and methi seeds. Toss well and leave it in Sun to dry for 12 hours or 1 day. You may keep in room temperature as well. Do not cover it air tight. You may cover it with a sieve or cotton cloth.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, add this mix to the pan.
- In medium heat, let it cook. Do not increase the temperature, otherwise mango pieces will become hard.
- Cook it in medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Transfer to a glass jar.
- Keep the jar under Sun for another 1 week.
- Use it for 2-3 months.
- Checkout all the recipes using Mango as main ingredient in this link: https://snehdeepskitchen.com/category/recipes-by-ingredients/mango/