Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Gram flour (besan): 1 Cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1 pinch
- Red chili Powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Citric Acid or Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: ½ tablespoon and as required to deep fry
- Bhujia Maker and thick bhujia mold.
- Filter gram flour and keep it in a bowl.
- Add salt, hing, turmeric powder, red chili powder, oil and citric acid in the flour. Using a spoon mix it well. Add little water at a time and make a very thick paste, kind of a smooth dough. Cover this dough for 30 minutes allowing it to ferment.
- Apply some oil in the inside wall of the bhujia maker and the thick bhujia mold.
- Using a spoon fill the bhujia maker and close it.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Press bhujia in a big coil shape from machine to hot oil. Medium the heat and allow bhujia to fry for some time then turn it over, fry till it turns light brown. Take it out on a oil absorbing napkin. Similarly fry all of the Bhujia.
- Let it cool. Break them into small bhujia pieces and store them in an air-tight container.