Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 8 Roti
- Whole wheat flour(Aata): 2 Cups
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Water: ¾ Cup or as required
- Oil: 1 Teaspoon
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Take flour and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Using water knead a soft dough.
- Add oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 6-inch diameter circle.
- Heat Tawa and place the roti on the tawa
- Flip the roti after 30 seconds
- Using a thick cotton cloth press the roti gently.
- Likewise, cook both sides until both sides are evenly cooked with golden brown spots (not black).
- Take out the roti on a wooden board.
- Apply ¼ tablespoon butter all over it.
- Serve hot or keep them in a casserole or wrap them up in a kitchen towel or napkin.