Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Mixed Vegetables: 4 cups, chopped in small pieces (1 Potato, 1 carrot, 5-6 Beans, ½ cup of cauliflower florets, handful of Peas, 5-6 baby corns, 1 tablespoon corn, 1/2 cup shredded cabbage)
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Tomato: 1 medium sized
- Green Bell Pepper: ½ of a medium sized
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic: Finely Chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chili: Finely chopped, 1 Teaspoon
- Sesame Oil / cooking oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Soya Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- White Vinegar: ½ teaspoon
- Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 1/2 cup or as required
- Coriander Leaves: Finely chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: A few drops
- Spring onion: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Boil 7-8 cups of water and once water starts to boil, add the vegetables. Cover and cook them for 10 minutes or till almost cooked (80%). Drain the extra water and keep aside.
- Cut onion, bell pepper, tomato lengthwise into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when it changes color, add onion, ginger and garlic. Stir and sauté till onion turns transparent, not brown.
- Add bell pepper. Stir for 1 minute in medium heat.
- Add tomato and chilis. Stir for another 1 minute in medium heat.
- Add the boiled vegetables, salt, black pepper powder and cinnamon powder.
- Cook in high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and water. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon juice and coriander leaves.