Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Raw Banana: 3 medium sized
- Oil: 2 Teaspoon
- Onion: 1 medium sized, chopped
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Garlic: ½ Teaspoon, chopped
- Tomato: 2 medium sized, chopped
- Green chili: 2
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Water: 1 Cup or as required
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Blend onion, ginger, garlic to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Blend tomato and green chili to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Peel raw bananas and cut each into two vertical halves. Then cut each half into 1/2 -inch thick pieces. Wash them in water and drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- After 30 seconds, add the onion paste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the raw banana pieces, salt, turmeric powder and water. Mix well. Medium the heat and cover the pan. Cook for 7-8 minutes or till the bananas are soft and mushy.
- Remove the cover. Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and serve.