Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Bread slices: 8
- Grated mozzarella cheese: 1 cup
- Green chili: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: 2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Butter: as required to toast the breads
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder or crushed: 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a small pan. Saute the garlic for 2 minutes. Add green chili and coriander leaves and saute for another 1 minute.
- Melt the butter and spread evenly on both sides of each of the bread slices.
- Toast them slightly (not brown, just slight crispy) using toaster or on a tawa in medium flame.
- Take them out, cut diagonally each slice into 2 triangles.
- On one side of each triangle, spread 1 tablespoon cheese, spread little sautéed-garlic-chilli and sprinkle some salt, black pepper powder and oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray (cheese filling should be facing up)
- Bake them for 7-8 minutes or till the cheese melts properly.
- If you are not using oven and cooking on tawa, then place the triangle pieces on tawa, lower the heat to slow and cover the tawa with a lid until cheese melts. Keep an eye on the bottom side of the slices as if you increase the heat, it may burn from bottom but upper cheese layer will not melt.
- Serve hot.