Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Bread Slice: 4
- Besan (Gram flour): ½ Cup
- Rice Flour: ¼ cup
- Water: ½ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Ajwain (carrom seeds): ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green Chili: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves: ½ Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Cooking oil: 2 Tablespoon
- Add besan, rice flour, salt, carrom seeds, red chili powder, green chili and coriander leaves in a bowl. Mix all.
- Add water and make a smooth batter. Not too thin, not too thick, a semi thick batter, like idli batter.
- Heat a non-sticky tawa. Add ½ tablespoon oil and spread all over the tawa. Heat it for 1 minute.
- Now cut each bread into 2 equal halves, and then cut each half into another 2 equal halves. So, we have 4 squares from each bread slice.
- Now dip each square piece into the besan batter and gently coat all around.
- Place this pieces on the tawa. Likewise fill as many pieces you can adjust on the tawa.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes and flip all pieces gently.
- Pour ½ tablespoon oil all over and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cook until both side is crispy and golden brown.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- Do not leave the bread edges dipped in the batter for more time. Otherwise, bread would be soggy and would crumble in the batter.