Soaking time: Minimum 2 hours (you can soak it overnight as well)
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 6 Chillas /Dosas /Pancakes
- Moong dal (split yellow gram): 1 cup
- Gram Flour (Besan): 1 tablespoon
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Green chili: 1 teaspoon, chopped
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Red chili powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil for greasing and cooking: 3 Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves (dhania): 1 Tablespoon
- Water: ½ Cup
- Wash moong dal 2-3 times in fresh water and then soak in water for minimum 2 hours.
- Drain water and blend the moong dal with ginger, green chili and water. Add little water at a time and make a smooth dropping consistency batter.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl. Add salt, red chili powder, fennel seeds and coriander leaves.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Pour 1 ladle full of the batter in pan and spread it lightly to make a 5-6-inch diameter circle. Spread ½ teaspoon oil all over the chilla.
- After 1 minutes, flip it carefully. Spread ½ teaspoon oil again. Cook for 30 seconds. Flip and cook until it turns light golden brown from both sides.
- Take out the chilla and serve hot with chutney.