Prep Time: 3 Hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 Bhature
- Plain Flour (maida): 2 Cups
- Plain Curd (Yogurt): ½ Cup
- Warm Water: ½ Cup or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon + as required for deep fry
- Take the flour in a large bowl. Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add curd and mix well.
- Using warm water knead a tight dough.
- Add oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen napkin. Keep it aside for 3 hours to ferment.
- Remove the cover. Knead the dough again.
- Divide it into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 5-inch diameter circle. Use little oil while rolling, if required.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Once oil is hot in high heat, medium the heat. To check the oil is hot, add a small piece of the dough in the oil, if it does not come up, it is not hot, if it comes up immediately, it is too hot and If it comes up gradually, it is perfect hot for frying.
- In medium heat, add one bhatura in the oil. Press it gently using a dotted spatula. After 1 minute, flip it and cook. Bhatura should be cooked in medium heat until both sides are light brown. Take out the bhatura and keep it on a kitchen towel or napkin.
- Serve hot with choley masala.