Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 mins
For the Cake Base:
- Plain flour or all-purpose flour: 1 ¼ Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 Cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: ½ Cup
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- Curd: ½ Cup
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Vanilla essence: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: one pinch
- Melted Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Instant Coffee Powder: 2 teaspoon
- Warm water: ¼ Cup
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoon
For Cake Decorating / Frosting / Icing
- Thick and Heavy Fresh Milk Cream: 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar: ¼ cup
- Grated Dark Chocolate: ¼ cup
- Chocolate Chips: 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F or 175-degree C
- Sieve, all the dry cake ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt to a big deep bowl. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Whisk Curd in a different bowl. Add oil and milk and whisk well. Using hand blender blend it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the dry mix slowly 1 tablespoon at a time and blend the batter. Blend for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence and blend for 30 seconds.
- Grease an 8-9-inch diameter round cake pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Pour the cake butter on the pan and tap it so the batter is evenly spread in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take put the pan from oven and Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes and then run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan and carefully remove the cake. Place the cake on a cooling rack and leave there till cool completely. Do not start decorating the cake when it is hot. Wait at least 30 minutes.
- To make the syrup, in a cup, add 2 teaspoon coffee powder and 2 teaspoon sugar. Add ¼ cup pf hot water and mix it well.
- To make the whipped cream frosting, in a bowl, add the milk cream. Using hand blender, blend the cream until it is fluffy and smooth. Blend for 8-10 minutes. Add ¼ cup powder sugar and using a spatula/spoon fold the sugar gently in the cream. Do not blend it while adding sugar.
- Once the cake is completely cool, using a sharp knife cut it into two halves horizontally. If the top most layer is uneven, you may cut a very thin layer from top and discard it.
- Place the 2 layers on a rack separately.
- Before frosting, remove any loose from cake.
- Sprinkle coffee syrup on both layers very slowly and drop by drop at a place.
- Spread a thick layer, 1/3 of the whipped cream frosting on one side of one layer. Place the other layer on top of it. Spread a thin layer, 1/3 of the frosting on top and all over the side edges of the cake. Transfer the last 1/3rd whipped cream on a piping bag and make some flowers on top.
- Spread the grated chocolate on top and all over the side edges of the cake.
- Decorate the whipped cream flowers with chocolate chips.
- It is ready to serve now.