Recipe Name: Sweet Potato Chaat / Tostitos Scoop Chips Chaat / Bite Size Nachos with Sweet Potato/ Tortilla Scoop Chips with Sweet Potato Chaat / Shakarkandi ki Chaat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
- Sweet Potato: 1 large
- Olive oil: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon chopped
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Chaat Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Green Chutney: 1 tablespoon
- Sev / Bhujia: 1 Tablespoon
- Roasted Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Papdi / Scoops chips: 30
- Peel sweet potato and cut into very small pieces. Wash them and drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sweet potato pieces and salt. Sprinkle a few drops of water and cover it for 8 minutes or till it is soft. Remove the cover, add black pepper powder and green chili. Roast for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Add chopped onion, chaat masala, green chutney, sev, peanuts and mix well.
- Fill the scoops with the sweet potato chaat just before serving.
- You may roast the sweet potato in oven as well. In a baking pan, add sweet potato, oil, salt and black pepper. Mix well and bake for 12-15 minutes in 350 F / 175 C.
- You may add pomegranate arils or finely chopped apple pieces in the chaat.
- Green Chutney Recipe