Recipe Name: Instant Rava Uttapam / Rava Dosa / Sooji ka Chilla / Semolina Pan Cake
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Rava (Semolina / Sooji) 1 cup
- Curd (Plain Yogurt): ¼ Cup
- Water: 1 cup or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as required
- Oil: 1 teaspoon and as required to roast the Uttapam
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves: 3-4
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Onion: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- In a bowl whisk curd. Add rava, salt and coriander leaves in the bowl. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, when mustard seeds start to splutters, add onion, green chili and ginger. Sauté till light brown.
- Add this to the rava batter. Whisk well.
- Add water to get the uttapam batter consistency (thick dropping consistency).
- Heat a non-sticky tawa in high flame, medium the flame, spread 1 ladle full of the batter on the tawa to a thin 4-inch diameter circle
- Pour a few drops of oil over the it.
- Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Gently flip it. Sprinkle little oil over it again. Cook till both sides are light brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with chutney.