Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Paneer(Cottage Cheese) cubes: 1 cup or approx. 250 gm
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Ginger: 1 Teaspoon, chopped
- Green Chili: 1 Teaspoon, chopped
- Plain Curd: 2 Tablespoon
- Milk: 2 Tablespoon
- Fresh milk cream: 2 Tablespoon
- Dried Methi Leaves (Fenugreek): 2 Tablespoon or Fresh Methi leaves: ½ cup
- Water: As required
- Oil /butter: 2 Tablespoon
- Cashew: 10-12
- Sesame seeds (White): 2 Teaspoon
- Fennel Seeds(Saunf): 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Red chili: 1
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder: ¼ Teaspoon
- Blend onion, ginger, chili, sesame seeds, cashew and 2 tablespoons of milk into smooth puree.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil / butter in a pan.
- Roast the paneer cubes. Sauté for 3 minutes or until light brown and take them out.
- In the remaining oil, add fennel seeds and red dried chili.
- After 30 seconds, add the onion-cashew paste. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add methi leaves. Fresh or dry anyone you can use.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder, cinnamon powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add whisked curd and milk cream. Mix well. Add ¾ cup of water and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes.
- Mix gently and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot.
- You may use poppy seeds(khasakhas) instead of sesame seeds.