Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- Okra / Ladyfinger/ Bhindi: Chopped, 2 cups
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Clean the bhindis first using a wet napkin and then a dry napkin. Trim the edges of each bhindi and cut into small horizontal pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When it changes color, add bhindi pieces, salt and turmeric. Stir and cover for 5-6 minutes in medium heat. Bhindis should be almost (80%) cooked.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder and cook for 5-6 minutes in low heat. Stir occasionally.