Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Okra / Ladyfinger/ Bhindi: 200 grams
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil: ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 small, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Clean the bhindis first using a wet napkin and then a dry napkin. Trim the edges of each bhindi and cut each bhindi into 4 vertical pieces and then into 1-inch long horizontal pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When it changes color, add onion and ginger. Saute for 2-3 minutes or till onions are light brown.
- Add tomato and green chili and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add bhindi pieces, salt and turmeric. Stir and cover for 6-7 minutes in medium heat. Bhindis should be almost (80%) cooked.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder and roast for another 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.