Recipe Name: Ragda Patties / Bengali Ghughni Chat / White Peas and Potato Chaat
For the Potato Patty
- Boiled potato: 4 medium sized
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Chaat Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 2 Tablespoon or as required
- Cooked White Peas Curry: 4 cups
- Plain Curd: 4 Tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Green Chutney: 2 Tablespoon
- Tamarind Chutney: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: 1, medium sized, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
- Bhujia or Sev: 2 Tablespoon
- Checkout the recipe for white peas curry here: https://wp.me/p8yNxk-2S8
- Checkout the recipe for Green Chutney here: https://wp.me/p8yNxk-1F8
- Checkout the recipe for Tamarind Chutney here: https://wp.me/p8yNxk-ch
- Boil the potatoes.
- Peel and mash them.
- In a bowl, add mashed potato, salt, garam masala, chaat masala, red chili powder and mix well. Divide it into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into ball and flatten them.
- Heat a non-sticky tawa and grease it with some oil.
- Place the potato patties on the tawa. Place as many patties you can, as per the tawa size.
- Drizzle some oil all over the patties.
- After 3 minutes, flip the patties. Drizzle some oil again.
- Likewise roast until all patties and done with golden color on both sides. Take them out.
Assembling the chat
- Whisk the curd and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- In a big serving bowl, add 1 cup of the white peas curry.
- Add 2 potato patties on top the white peas curry.
- Spread 1 tablespoon whished curd over it.
- Spread ½ tablespoon green chutney.
- Spread ½ tablespoon tamarind chutney.
- Spread some chopped onions, coriander leaves and sev on top.
- Serve Immediately.