Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Rice: ¾ cup
- Water: As required
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Mixed Vegetables: finely chopped 1 Cup (Carrot, Bean, Potato, Peas, Bell Pepper)
- Onion: 1 medium sized, Chopped into small pieces,
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, Chopped into small pieces
- Ginger, garlic, green chili: Finely chopped or crushed or paste, 2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi): ½ Teaspoon
- Pav bhaji masala Powder: 2 Teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: Chopped, 1 Tablespoon
- Spring onion: 1 Tablespoon, Chopped
- Lemon: 1, cut into 4 pieces
- Wash rice 2-3 times and soak it in water for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
- Boil 5-6 cups of water in a pot. Once water starts to boil, add rice and cook till 90% cooked. Drain the rice and keep aside. Make sure you do not overcook rice.
- Heat oil in a pan. Usually tawa pulao is a street food in India and it is fried on a huge tawa. As, we do not use that kind of huge tawa at home, we are using pan to fry the pulao.
- In the oil, add cumin seeds. After 30 seconds, add onion. Sauté till onions are light brown
- Add ginger-garlic-chili paste and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, chopped vegetables(bell pepper, potato, green peas. carrots, beans) and salt. Sprinkle a few drops of water and cover it for 5 minutes or till vegetable are cooked well. You may use any choice of vegetables and cut into very small pieces, so it gets cooked soon.
- Add cooked rice, salt, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala powder. Mix gently and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, spring onions and a piece of lemon.
- Serve immediately.