Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
For the gobi fries
- Gobi (Cauliflower): 1 medium size
- Corn Flour (Corn starch): ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup or as required
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking oil: as required for frying
For the sauce
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 small, finely chopped
- Green bell pepper: 1/2, finely chopped
- Ginger: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Garlic: ½ teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: ½ teaspoon. finely chopped
- Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce: ½ tablespoon
- Vinegar: ¼ tablespoon
- Chili sauce: ¼ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Fresh cilantro (coriander leaves): 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- Spring onion: ½ tablespoon, finely chopped green portion
- White Sesame seeds.
- Trim and cut the gobi into 1 to 2-inch size pieces.
- Mix corn flour, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl. Add water and make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep fry.
- Now dip each gobi piece into the corn flour batter and gently coat all around.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until golden brown and crispy all around. Do not fry them in high heat, otherwise outer coating will get cooked, but gobi will stay uncooked from inside. So, medium heat cooking is best.
- Take them out on a kitchen napkin. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another pan.
- Saute onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, salt, black pepper powder and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried gobi pieces.
- Gently fold the sauce all over the gobi pieces.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Serve hot.
- Do not leave it for long time after adding the sauces, as the gobi fries will get soggy. So, you may prepare the gobi fries and make the sauce, but do not mix them until it is time to serve.