Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Boiled Potato: 6, medium size
- Curd: 1/4 Cup
- Water: 2 Cup
- Vrat ka aata (Kuttu or Rajgira flour): 1 tablespoon
- Oi / Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak): 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green Chili: ½ Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Asafoetida (hing): 1 pinch
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk curd and water very well and keep aside. There should be no lumps.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds. After 30 seconds, add ginger, green chili and hing. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add Kuttu flour (vrat ka aata)
- Roast in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add Potato pieces, whisked curd and water, salt, black pepper powder.
- Mix well and stir continuously in medium flame until the gravy starts to boil.
- Let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve with vrat ka paratha.
- After adding whisked curd, you need to stir gently and continuously until it starts to boil. Otherwise Kuttu flour will not mix properly and leave uneven lumps.
- You may make the recipe without curd as well. In this case, add 1 teaspoon lemon juice.