Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Thin or Thick Poha: 1 Cup
- Mixed Vegetables: finely chopped 1 cup (½ carrot, 5-6 green beans, 3-4 florets of cauliflower, handful of peas, 1 tablespoon sweet corn kernels)
- Onion: ½ of a small sized onion
- Green bell pepper: ¼ of a small sized pepper
- Green chili: finely chopped, ½ Teaspoon
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped or crushed, ½ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 3-5
- Salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon (optional)
- Milk: 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- If you are using thin poha, soak in water for just 2 minutes, then drain in a sieve and keep it aside. If you are using thick poha soak for 10 minutes, then drain the water.
- Boil the mixed vegetables with 2 cups of water and ½ teaspoon in a pot until almost (90%) cooked or cook those in a pressure cooker just for 1 whistle in high heat. Drain the water and keep the vegetables aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin seeds. After 30 seconds, add ginger, onion, bell pepper and curry leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the soaked and drained poha, cooked vegetables, black pepper powder and milk. Stir gently, otherwise poha would be mushy.
- Cover it for 3-4 minutes or until poha becomes soft.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix gently.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney or Bhujia sev.