Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 14 mini pancakes
- Rolled Oats: 1 cup
- Plain Rolled Oats: 1 cup
- Rice flour: 2 tablespoons
- Curd: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili: finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion: 1 Medium sized, chopped
- Water: as required
- Oil: 1/2 tablespoon as required to roast the pancakes
- Dry roast the oats for 4-5 minutes and grind to fine powder.
- Whisk curd in a bowl. Add the roasted oats powder, rice flour, salt, black pepper powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Saute onion, ginger and chili for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add this to oats and mix well.
- Adding water make a thick but dropping consistency batter. Add little water at a time and mix to check the consistency.
- Heat mini uttapam pan.
- Grease each mold with few drops of oil.
- Pour ½ tablespoon of the batter in each mold of the mini uttapam pan.
- Spread little oil over the circle. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out and serve hot with any chutney (side dip).
- Roasting the oats and grinding are not necessary. You may mix all the ingredients and soak it for 20-30 minutes. Then make the pancakes/dosas.