Prep Time: 6 Hours
- Fresh Plain Curd (Yogurt): 2.5 Cup
- Sugar: ¼ Cup
- Milk: 1 Tablespoon
- Saffron: A few strands
- Pistachios: 1 tablespoon
- Use Fresh curd for the recipe, otherwise it will be sour.
- Place a strainer in a deep bowl. Place a clean cotton cloth or muslin cloth on the strainer. Pour the curd on the cloth and tie a knot in the cloth tightly. Leave the cloth on the strainer hanging over the bowl. Place the whole setup in fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Take out the curd from fridge. You will get thick hung curd in the cloth and curd water in the bowl. You may discard the curd water or use it while preparing any gravy.
- Transfer the thick hung curd in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon milk in a small container.
- Add saffron strands in the hot milk and mix well. Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Add this saffron milk in the hung curd bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Mix everything well to a smooth thick batter. Be gentle while mixing everything, otherwise curd will be watery and runny.
- Garnish with pistachios and keep in fridge for minimum 30 minutes to set.
- Serve cold.
- You may keep this in fridge for 4-5 days and serve as required.
- You may add a pinch of cardamom powder (elaichi) and any dry fruits of your choice.