Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Poha: 1 Cup
- Peanuts: 2 Tablespoon
- Onion: ½ of a medium sized onion, finely chopped
- Oil: 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped or crushed, ½ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Milk: 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Green chili: finely chopped, ½ Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves: finely chopped, 1 tablespoon
- If you are using thick poha, soak for 10 minutes, then drain the water. If you are using thin poha, soak for 2 minutes, then drain the water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Cumin seeds, ginger and curry leaves. Wait till cumin seeds changes color. Around 30-40 seconds.
- Add peanuts and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes or till onion is light brown.
- Add turmeric and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the soaked poha, black pepper and milk. Stir softly, otherwise poha would be mushy.
- Cover it for 3 minutes or until poha becomes soft.
- Remove the Heat and add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.