Prep Time: 5-6 hours
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Steel Cut Oats: 2 Cup
- Rice flour: 2 Tablespoon
- Curd: 2 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, ½ Teaspoon
- Green chili: finely chopped, ½ Teaspoon
- Onion: 1 Medium sized, finely chopped
- Water: as required
- Oil: as required to roast the pancakes
- Dry roast the steel cut oats for 3-4 minutes. Soak in 2 cups of water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Add curd, rice flour, salt, black pepper powder, ginger, chili, onion. Mix well. Adjust water to get a thick dropping consistency batter.
- Heat a non-sticky pan for the pancake
- Grease the pan with few drops of oil.
- Pour 1 ladle full batter on the pan and spread the batter pressing the ladle on the pan to make a 4-5-inch circle.
- Drizzle little oil over the circle. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover, flip it carefully. Spread little oil again. Cover and Cook for another 1 minute.
- Remove the cover and cook it till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Take out and serve hot with any side dip.
- Likewise make all the pancakes. It makes 6 regular size pancakes or 14-15 mini pancakes (2-inch circles).
- You grind the whole batter to smooth paste and then make the pancakes.