Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 6-8 cutlets
- Ramdana / Samo seeds / Rajgira dana: 1 cup
- Water: ½ cup
- Boiled Potato: 2 medium sized, peeled and mashed
- Peanuts: 1 tablespoon
- Rock salt / salt: 1 ½ Teaspoon or to taste
- Black Pepper Powder: ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger: 1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Green chili: 1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon, chopped
- Lemon Juice: a few drops
- Oil: ½ tablespoon to roast and as required to fry the cutlets
- Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Dry roast the peanuts and grind it coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds. After 30 seconds, add green chili and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the Ramdana / Samo seeds / Rajgira dana. Roast for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, lemon juice and water. Mix well and cover for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Wait for 10 minutes or till it comes to room temperature.
- Add boiled potato, grinded peanuts and coriander leaves. Mix well using spatula or hand. Knead a smooth dough with this mix. If required use more boiled potato to knead.
Divide the dough to 6 equal portions, roll each portion into ball then flatten those using your both hand palms.
Heat a non-sticky tawa or pan.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon oil all over the tawa. Let it heat for 1 minute.
- Place the flat cutlets on the tawa. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil op top of each cutlets. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip all the cutlets, spread little oil on all the cutlets and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook flipping both sides until brown and crispy.
- Take them on a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot.