Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 mins
Serves: 12 muffins
- All Purpose flour or Plain Flour (Maida): 1 ½ cup + 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Blueberry: 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar: ½ cup
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 1/4 cup
- White Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Milk: 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 375-degree F or 190-degree C
- Wash the blueberries and pat them dry using a cotton cloth or napkin.
- In a bowl add the blueberry and sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour. Gently coat the flour on each blueberry all around nicely. If we do not do so, blueberries would come down to the bottom while baking.
- Sieve, all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in to a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- Whisk milk and vinegar. Add Oil and mix again.
- Now add the dry mix slowly in to the milk-oil liquid. Mix gently. You do not have to blend or beat the batter. Mixing gently would be enough. Just check that there are no lumps or air pocket.
- Add the coated blueberries and vanilla essence. Fold gently and evenly.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liner and fill 3/4 of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out all the muffins and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
- You may decorate it with whipped cream.
- You may use soy milk or rice milk for a vegan blueberry muffin recipe.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 10-12 pieces
- Cashew: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Water: ¼ cup
- Ghee: 1 Tablespoon
- Silver coating or varakh: As required (optional)
- Grind the cashew to smooth powder. Do not grind more otherwise it will become oily.
- In a pan add sugar and water and place it on cooktop. Stir occasionally.
- As soon as the sugar dissolves, add the cashew powders. Mix well.
- Medium the heat and cook it for 7-8 minutes stirring gently.
- Add ghee, mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Grease a flat plate or tray with ghee or oil.
- Add the mixture on the greased tray.
- Using hand knead a dough and using rolling pin roll the dough to ¼ inch thick round or square.
- Using a sharp knife cut it into 10-12 diamond shape pieces.
- Garnish with silver coating / varakh.
- Let it cool in room temperature and serve.
- Or, store in an air tight container.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Milk: 3 cups
- Sugar: ¼ cup or as required
- Makhana: 1 cup
- Cardamom (Elaichi Powder): 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry fruits (cashew, almonds, pistachios, raisins): 2 Tablespoon
- Saffron: a few strands
- Ghee: ½ tablespoon
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat ghee.
- Roast the cashew and almonds. Take them out and keep aside.
- Add makhana in the remaining ghee. Roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk in the pan over the makhana and let It boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium and let it on heat for 9-10 minutes.
- Add sugar and roasted makhana. Mix well. Simmer for another 6-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn of the heat and garnish with cardamom powder, saffron strands, pistachios, raisins and roasted cashew and almond nuts.
- Serve hot, or let it cool completely. Then refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cool.
- Checkout the below slideshow for the recipe pictures.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”