Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Milk: 1 1/2 Cup
- Water: 1/2 Cup
- Sugar: 4 Teaspoon or to taste
- Instant Coffee Powder: 3 Teaspoon or to taste
- Simmer milk, water and sugar for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally. lower the heat.
- Take coffee powder in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoon of the hot milk. Mix well, so there are no lumps.
- Add this coffee milk to the remaining milk and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Pour them on cups from little height, so milk becomes frothy.
- Sprinkle little coffee powder on top and serve hot.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
- Water: 1 ½ cup
- Tea: 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ Teaspoon or to taste
- Honey: 2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Boil water and tea for 2 minutes
- Strain and pour the water in a cup.
- Add lemon juice, honey, black pepper powder and salt. Stir well and serve hot.
- You may use Tea bags. Dip the tea bags in boiled water. Wait for 2 minutes. Squeeze out the tea bags. Add lemon juice, honey, black pepper powder and salt. Stir well and serve hot.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Sweet Potato: 1, large
- Oil / Butter: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger: finely chopped, ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Black pepper powder or crushed: ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut milk: 2 tablespoons
- Water: as required
- Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
- Mint leaves: 3-4, chopped
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 4-6 pieces.
- Boil in water until soft.
- Drain the excess water and mash the sweet potato.
- Blend it in a blender using little water.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan.
- Saute the ginger pieces for 1 minute.
- Add the blended mashed potato, salt, black pepper and 2 cups of water.
- Let it boil for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add The coconut milk and stir.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat
- Add lemon juice and chopped mint leaves and serve.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use heavy milk cream as well.
- You may use rock salt / sendha namak, if you are preparing the recipe during Indian upvas days.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 cups
- Whole cream Milk: 1 Cup
- Water: 1 ¼ Cup
- Tea: 2 Teaspoon
- Sugar: 2 Teaspoon or as required
- Tea Masala: 6-7 mint leaves
- Boil water, Tea and mint leaves in a pan for 4-5 minutes
- Add Milk, boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add sugar and boil for 3-4 minutes again.
- Sieve and pour Tea in cups.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 4-5 hours
Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Milk: 4 cups
- Almonds (Badam): 30-32
- Elaichi Powder(Cardamom): ¼ Teaspoon
- Saffron Strands (Kesar): 4-5 Threads
- Sugar: 1 1/2 tablespoon or to taste
- Soak the badam in water for 4-5 hours. Drain the water and peel the badam skin.
- Blend the peeled badam in smooth paste using 1 tablespoon milk.
- Boil 4 cup of milk in a pot.
- once it started boiling, lower the heat. add the badam paste, elaichi powder, sugar and saffron strands.
- Stir well and simmer it for another 3-4 minutes or till sugar dissolves.
- Pour in cup/glass and serve hot.
- Or, let it cool completely. then refrigerate it and serve cool.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Water: 2 cups
- Instant coffee powder: 4 teaspoons or as required
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons or as required
- Vanilla Milk Cream: 2 tablespoons or as required
- Boil water.
- Once water is boiled, pour in 2 cups or glass.
- Add 2 tablespoon vanilla milk cream, 2 teaspoon coffee powder and sugar.
- Whisk well till the mix becomes frothy.
- To garnish it, add little vanilla milk cream and sprinkle little coffee powder on top and serve.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Apple: 2, medium sized
- Water: 4 cups
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch piece
- Cloves: 2
- Wash and chop the apples. De-seed them. No need to peel.
- In a pot, add water, apple, sugar, honey, cinnamon, cloves and let it boil in high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and let it cook for 30 minutes or until apples are mushy.
- Sieve the mix using a fine strainer, pressing hard on solids.
- Serve hot.
- Or let it cool completely, refrigerate and serve cool.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”