Prep Time: 5-6 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Bread Slices: 6 pieces
- Avocado: 1 large
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder (kali mirch): 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili / Jalapeno: 1/4 Teaspoon, chopped (optional)
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Lime juice: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: As required to toast the sandwich
- Divide the avocado into 2 halves. Take out the seed. Scoop out all the pulp using a spoon.
- In a bowl, add the pulp and using a fork mash it to smooth paste.
- Add coriander leaves, salt, black pepper powder, green chili, olive oil, lime juice and mix it well.
- Take 1 slice of the bread and spread 1/3rd of the mix evenly on one side of the slice. cover it with another slice of bread.
- You can serve it like this or can roast / grill both sides using butter in a Tawa or sandwich maker or grill until both sides are light brown and crispy.
- Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- You may use whole wheat bread or multigrain bread instead of plain white bread.
- Green chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Avocado: 2,
- Cucumber: ½ of a medium sized, peeled, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- Onion: finely chopped, 1/2 tablespoon
- Tomato: finely chopped, 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 2 teaspoon
- Coriander/Cilantro leaves: 1/2 tablespoon, chopped
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Extra virgin Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
- Divide the avocado into 2 halves. Take out the seed. Cut into ½ inch thick slices then scoop out all the pieces using a spoon or knife.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- You may add grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese while serving.
- You may add your favorite salad dressing: ranch, mustard etc.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Avocado: 1, medium sized
- Water: 2 cups
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Mint Leaves: 5-6
- Ice Cubes: 4-5
- Cut the avocado into 2 halves. De-seed and scoop out the pulp using a spoon.
- Blend the avocado pulp with sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture. (optional).
- In a glass, add 2-3 ice cubes.
- Pour the avocado juice.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”