Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
- All-purpose flour or plain flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Peanut Butter: 3/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Milk: ¼ cup or a required
- Butter: 1/2 cup
- Salt: a pinch
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sieve all the dry ingredients, flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add peanut butter and butter. Mix well for 3-4 minutes until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients little at a time and fold. Using hand make a stiff dough. use little milk at a time to make the dough.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball into 2-inch diameter circle.
- Or else, you can roll the dough into a large circle and use a cookie cutter to cut them into circles.
- Arrange the dough circles on a greased baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Bake the cookies for about 10-15 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Remove the cookies out of the oven and serve hot. Or, allow them to cool completely and store the cookies in an airtight container.
- You may add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips in the dough.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- All-purpose flour or plain flour: 1 ½ cup
- Melted Butter: ½ cup
- Powdered sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
- Milk: 1 tablespoon or as required
- Whisk butter, sugar and salt.
- Add flour and knead a stiff dough. If required use milk to knead. Do not over knead the dough. Otherwise biscuits would be hard.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thin circle. Cut into 2-inch x 1-inch rectangles using knife. Or use cookie cutter. Do not roll thick. You can cut in any required shapes.
- Line them in a baking sheet over a baling tray. Prick them evenly using a fork. It will help them from puffing.
- Bake them for 10 minutes in 350 F/ 180 C. Check if it is light golden and crispy. If not bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 cookies
- Plain flour (Maida): 1 cup
- Melted unsalted butter: 1/3 cup
- Powdered sugar: 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence: 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk: 1/4 cup
- Chocolate chips: 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F or 180-degree C.
- Sieve flour, sugar, baking powder. Mix well. Keep aside.
- Take melted butter in another bowl and whisk it well.
- Add sugar and whisk it till it becomes creamy, smooth and fluffy.
- Then add vanilla extract and milk. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix well and knead a very smooth and soft dough. Adjust milk to make a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it in fridge for 30 minutes to adjust the melted butter.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions. Roll them into balls. Roll each ball into 2 inch diameter flat circle. Or roll the whole dough and use cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet few inches apart from each other, because they will spread as bake.
- Bake them for 15 minutes in preheated oven or until the edges are become golden brown.
- Serve hot or let it cool completely and store in an air tight container.
A daily guide on “What to cook?" And "How to cook?”